After running around London with my best friend the day before her wedding, to find her wedding jewelry, & seeing many of my friends' & acquaintances' desperate pleas on Facebook about finding wedding jewelry in the few days before The Big Day, I have realized that jewelry seems to be often relegated to just the "accessories" category & put off until the last minute, causing major issues when she can't find just what she's looking for. I've been wanting to write a post about how brides-to-be should choose their jewelry, but what do I know about it? Lucky for me (& you!), Urvi Tejani is a wedding jewelry designer & founder of TEJANI Jewelry. She guest-blogged Wedding Jewelry Do's & Don'ts for HuffPost Weddings a few days ago & shared some valuable insight, including, I am pleased to see, "DO give yourself enough time!"
Here's the rest of her Do's & Don'ts!
- DO mix borrowed with new.
- DON'T wear a necklace with this season's asymmetrical gown trend.
- DO bring your headpiece when trying on earrings.
- DON'T wear a watch.
- DO mix finishes: your ring is its own entity.
- DON'T over-accessorize.
- DO give yourself enough time!
- DON'T compromise personal style.
- DO incorporate color into jewelry.
- DON'T cut corners -- quality lasts a lifetime.
- DO wear your wedding jewelry after the big day.
- DON'T wear wire earrings.
- DO change jewelry for the reception.
Thanks Urzi & HuffPost for the advice!
Some of our favorite jewelry from Borrowed & Blue brides that got it right, below
Check out more of Charlottesville's bridal jewelry designers for more inspiration
Want some more wedding advice? Browse our whole bridal advice section on the blog!
Love this? Then "like" us on Facebook! & you'll never miss a thing!