The Governor Thomas Bennett House
Garden & Estate Wedding Venues
The Governor Thomas Bennett House, circa 1825, is one of the grandest and most beautiful houses in Charleston, South Carolina. The House is of tremendous architectural importance, with exceptional ornamentation plasterwork. Of particular note is the free-flying staircase. The house has been handsomely restored, providing an elegant backdrop for your wedding ceremony & recpetion. The gracious interior of the house is extended and enhanced by a spacious piazza overlooking the gardens. The garden is one of the most beautiful traditional gardens in Charleston. With a large patio and lighting, it provides an exceptional setting for distinctive and elegant functions.
- Price Range: Splurge - Priceless
- Minimum Price: from $4,000
- Maximum Capacity: 200 or more
- In-House Catering: No
- Outside Catering Allowed: Yes
- Ceremony Site: Yes
Included with Rental
- use of all 3 levels & grounds: 3rd floor bridal suite & basement "man cave"
- parking lot
- full-size catering kitchen
- period furniture