Inventive Cuisine Fresh From the Farm
McCrady’s Restaurant, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and Landmarks, represents the best of the amalgam that is new Southern fine dining, concomitantly serving as a canvas for postmodern gastronomy. The menu, created by Chef Sean Brock, recipient of the 2010 James Beard Best Chef Southeast award, centers around inventive cuisine fresh from the farm and local purveyors.
Embrace the convenience of having your wedding ceremony & wedding reception at the same venue. With both the Historic Long Room & The Gallery Room combined, the possibilities are endless as to planning your Big Day. McCrady's Restaurant can also accomodate the other events leading up to your wedding, including your
- Engagement Party: Engagement parties are a great way to announce and celebrate your recent engagement. Invite your family and friends to enjoy cocktails, passed hors d’oeuvres and other creative food displays. This is a great opportunity to allow both sides of the family to socialize casually with one another. You may also hire musicians to provide live music to your guests.
- Bridal Luncheon: A bridal luncheon is your way to give thanks to all of your bridesmaids and other important women during the planning of your wedding. Treat these ladies to mimosas and Bloody Marys as they get to know each other before your big day. After a beautiful seated lunch, present your thank-you gifts and show your appreciation for those who have supported you throughout this journey.
- Rehearsal Dinner: After your wedding ceremony rehearsal, enjoy the opportunity to relax with friends and family before the wedding day festivities. Treat your guests to an intimate, casual affair in the Gallery Room or a more formal affair in the Historic Long Room. For larger rehearsal dinners, enjoy a cocktail reception in the Gallery Room followed by a seated dinner in the Long Room. If you are looking to host an after-party following dinner, head back on over to the Gallery Room to enjoy more cocktails and even possibly a live band.
- Farewell Brunch: Say goodbye and thank all of your friends, family, bridal party and out-of-town guests for coming to your wedding with a farewell brunch. This is a great way for guests, and all parties involved in the wedding, to catch their breath and reflect upon the previous day’s wedding. Enjoy several delicious food stations spread out throughout the Long Room and the Gallery Room while visiting with family and friends one last time before the weekend is over.
Celebrate your Charleston wedding at McCrady's & experience a night that you & your guests will never forget.
- Price Range: Sensible - Splurge
- Maximum Capacity: Up to 200
- In-House Catering: Yes
- Outside Catering Allowed: No
- Ceremony Site: Yes
Historic Long Room and Gallery at McCrady's
We have two private dining rooms – the Historic Long Room and the Gallery.. The Historic Long Room and Gallery Room each accommodate 10 -100 guests for a seated event and up to 130 guests for a standing cocktail reception.. There is a $250 room set up fee, in addition to a food and beverage minimum of $2500 – exclusive of tax and gratuity, per room, in order to reserve either or both of the event spaces.. The room set up fee includes all of our tables, white linens, chairs, china, flatware and barware.. Pictures of both rooms are located on our website.
Overlooking charming little Unity Alley, the warm and elegant space of the Historic Long Room has soaring ceilings, stone fireplaces, dramatic Venetian chandeliers, and large windows all around, making it perfect for any occasion.. Handmade Italian chairs and crisp white linens set the stage for Charleston’s finest cuisine and an award-winning wine list.. Add our polished AAA Four-Diamond service, and you have a location unequalled in the city..
Overlooking Charleston’s own Restaurant Row, East Bay Street, the Gallery Room offers exposed brick walls, original hardwood floors, and 14 foot ceilings.. Three tall windows let in streaming natural light during the daytime and beautiful views of the streetscape as evening sun sets.. The urban loft feel lends itself to the most versatile of McCrady’s collection..