We have competed in over 50 national BBQ contest and and have won over 100 top ten awards in the past 10 years.
Our BBQ is cooked with real wood -- not gas or electric. We don’t steam our meats. Slow and low is the mantra that we cook by, added a touch of hickory, oak, or apple smoke for flavor. Everything is cooked onsite! All our meat is well seasoned and then, if needed, the appropriate sauce is added. We go to enormous lengths to make the very best barbecue around. All catered events are cooked fresh onsite. No barbecue is prepared days ahead of time and reheated. We hand-pick each ingredient. All meats are slow cooked to perfection. Nothing escapes our attention! Please allow 5 to 10 hours of setup time before serving, if needed.
If you want the best barbecue for your Charlottesville wedding, call the caterers at BBQ Connection. Click on the "Services" tab to see what we offer.
- Price Range: Thrifty - Sensible
Pit Masters BBQ Choices
We specialize in real BBQ from all over this great country. Whatever you like, we can make it!!
- If you're looking for authentic North Carolina BBQ, we won first place for NC BBQ in Shelby, NC in 2005.
- If you're looking for authentic Kansas City BBQ, we finished 5th out of 500 at the American Royal in Kansas City in 2006.
- If you're looking for incredible BBQ ribs, we finished 3rd in West Virginia competing against the top teams in the country!
- If you're looking for authentic Texas BBQ, we missed a perfect score in BBQ Beef Brisket by a measly two points!
Wedding Catering Sample Menu
Includes a choice of three sides, paper plates, cups, sauces, and utensils.
- Pulled Pork
- Texas Beef Brisket
- BBQ Catfish
- BBQ Ribs
- BBQ Smoked Chicken
- Famous BBQ beans
- Corn on the cob (when in season)
- Southern green beans
- Deli potato salad
- Texas cole slaw
Treat your guests to the whole hog! A Southern tradition! Your old-fashioned Pig Pick'n' includes cole slaw, BBQ beans, corn on the cob, rolls, choice of dessert, & a variety of sauces. Must have 14 hours of cooking time!
For a more "up-scale" experience, ask about our Silk Purse Menu.
- BBQ Shrimp
- Smoked Olives
- Cheese tray
- Fruit basket
- Smoked Salmon
- Chicken tenders
- BBQ wings
- Smoked Oysters (when available)
- BBQ Spare Ribs
- Fruit table
Sweet Teresa's Treats
- Watermelon (when in season)
- Watermelon baskets
- Strawberries & Cream
- Banana pudding
- Mixed fruits
- Apple Crisp
- Chocolate Mousse
- clean-up fee
- Prices start at $14.50 to $35.00 per person. We give special pricing to groups over 300.
- We bring more than enough food for the number of guests on the invoice. If less show up there is no reduction in the price but you do get to keep the amount of food you paid for. If more guests show up they will be charged at the per plate price.
- We make no guarantee that there will be enough food to feed extra guests although we always bring a little extra.
- We count guests by the number of plates used. If guests bring us their used plate we are happy to provide a new clean plate at no charge. If they do not return the used plate, then they will be charged as an extra guest. We have found this the only practical method to determine head count.
- All additional meals on the day of the event will be charged at the adult rate.
- Catered events are for parties of 50 people or more.
- There will be a $200 set up fee for parties booked for under 50 people.
- Please let us know how we can customize your menu. All menus include BBQ sauce, plates, silverware, and cups, unless otherwise specified.
- Prices do not include tax.