beggars banquet was founded in 2002 by Currey Fountain and Marty VanSantvoord after many years of working together at The Firehouse Cafe in Orange, Virginia. In 2006 beggars ventured into tabletop rentals as a way to enhance our clients' experience and consolidate their need for multiple vendors. As a full service catering and rental company, beggars banquet can provide as much or as little as you would like.
For over a decade, the heart and soul of beggars banquet has been the food we create and the personal attention we provide. Each of our menus can be custom tailored to your style, taste and venue - using locally grown or raised ingredients whenever possible - in order to create a unique and memorable event. From delivered boxed lunches and business meetings to beautifully choreographed weddings and galas, we strive to provide the best food at the most reasonable cost with a high attention to detail. Our staff is professional, honest and fun.
Please allow our sample menus to serve as an inspiration. We will be happy to create a custom menu for your specific occasion.
As always, we look forward to your business and to your friendship!
- Price Range: Sensible - Splurge
Beggars Banquet on the Borrowed & Blue Blog
Sample Plated Dinner Menu
Salad : arugula + baby spinach oranges, kalamata olives, chick peas, crumbled feta, mustard vinaigrette whole grain breads, naan and rolls
Main : charmoula spiced lamb chops curried couscous, currants & mint broccolini + orange zest micro greens
sweet citrus + orange glazed mahi mahi curried couscous, currants & mint broccolini + orange zest micro greens
Dessert : flourless chocolate torte ginger + caramel whipped cream
Sample Mid-Summer Wedding Buffet Menu
- Vegetarian Antipasti Display with steamed & fresh crudités, roasted vegetables, fresh fruits, & assorted domestic & imported cheeses, dips, & spreads with crusty breads & crackers
- Mini Crab Cakes with homemade tartar sauce
- Blanched Asparagus Spears wrapped with Boursin & Prosciutto
- Minted Fresh Fruit Skewers
- Grilled Bacon-wrapped Beef Tenderloins, served sliced with Granny Smith apple horseradish sauce
- Sides of Poached Salmon with fresh fruit salsa & lemon-dill aioli
- Roasted New Red Potatoes with roasted garlic & fresh mint
- Herbed Orzo Salad with roasted peppers, zucchini, shallots, & red wine vinaigrette
- Layered Caprese-style Platters with garden tomatoes, fresh mozz, & basil leaves
- Blanched Haricot Verts with roasted grape tomatoes, toasted pinenuts, & parmesan
- Baby Spinach Salad with raspberries, goat cheese, walnuts, & balsamic vinaigrette
- Assorted breads & rolls with butter crocks