Historic & Mansion Wedding Venues
Charlottesville, VA 22902
President and Mrs. Monroe shared over forty blissful years as husband and wife, many of which were spent here at Ash Lawn-Highland. Perhaps one of the finest days was when their older daughter, Eliza, was wed in their Highland home -- the first time Ash Lawn-Highland served as a wedding venue.
As a tribute to the strength of these historic marriages, Ash Lawn-Highland warmly invites couples from around the country to celebrate their union in the home and grounds of James and Elizabeth Monroe.
A picturesque historic house and gardens, Ash Lawn-Highland offers unique locations for both wedding ceremonies and receptions. We accomodate informal and formal, daytime and evening events. Each party is provided optimal privacy and flexibility--to plan their Charlottesville wedding occasions as if James Monroe's home were their own, which is why this is one of the premier wedding venues in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Make Ash Lawn-Highland THE destination for your historic Charlottesville destination wedding.
- Price Range: Sensible - Splurge
- Maximum Capacity: Up to 50
- In-House Catering: No
- Outside Catering Allowed: Yes
- Ceremony Site: Yes
With over twenty-five years experience in hosting wedding celebrations, Ash Lawn-Highland has learned the secrets to a successful wedding. The following accomodations are designed to assist the bride and groom in planning their special day:
- Maximum catering flexibility; a wide choice of caterers, food, and alcoholic beverages.
- A tour of the Monroe home for wedding guests as part of an Ash Lawn-Highland welcome.
Ash Lawn-Highland provides a variety of facilities to accomodate your event:
- Handsomely groomed Johns Garden and the Peacock Yard. Suitable for small and larger parties.
- The 50' by 80' Hilltop Pavillion with a full concrete floor, adjacent to the Johns Gardens, suitable for up to 400 guests.
- The 30' by 70' Barn Site with concrete floor
- Conference room with full kitchen partitioned from the dining room and bathroom facilities. Ideal for smaller indoor functions during the winter months or rehearsal dinners. Seats sixty guests.
- A rose arbor adorning the Johns Gardens, and a seven-foot garden arch.
- Ash Lawn-Highland Museum Shop which holds a wide selection of gifts unique to James Monroe's era--historic replicas ideal for the bridal party, as well as the bride and groom.