Why This Wedding Earned a Blue Ribbon
The Champion Breeds
- Try scrolling past that oversized bout without staring.
- So, can blue thistle be in every bouquet? These little textured babies give a little edge to even the softest of bouquets.
- That church. We aren't in a Nicholas Sparks novel, but we sure as hell feel like it.
- Simplicity is king (or queen) at this picturesque church ceremony.
- We're loving the laid-back vibe of the simple florals at the reception. It's just proof that less really can be more.
- Speaking of casual but cool details, having a mismatched batch of adorable table numbers is too cute.
The Judge’s Notes
- Main Players: Rachel & Josh
- Wedding Date & Venue: June 20, 2015 at Cornelia Community House.
- Theme/Inspiration: simple details with Southern accents like burlap runners and doilies; pastel florals and singular white candles for understated and lovely décor; small town charm with a delightful picturesque chapel.
- Behind the Camera: Photo by Gannon
- Dress Deets: simple, elegant column gown with champagne hued embroidery along a scoop neck.
- Fleurs: pink and yellow rose, miniature daisy, yellow mum, and blue thistle bridal bouquet; bouts of pink rose, golden rod, and eucalyptus; wreaths on the chapels doors made of seeded eucalyptus and large magnolia leaves; Peruvian lilies, golden rod, carnation, blue thistle, and baby's breath in individual glass jars.