Why This Wedding Made the Honor Roll
The Straight A’s
- Northern wedding with Southern flair? I like the sound of that.
- I get enough shoe envy as it is with sparkly heels—but sparkly wedges? That turns me into full-force green (gold?) eyed monster.
- Elegant calligraphy + upcycled brown envelopes + gold foil foliage = effortlessly chic invitation suite.
- Haley pinned the rings of her mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother to her bouquet as her "something borrowed." Officially putting this on my wedding bucket list.
- Red brick columns, twisting vines, and emerald lawns give Turner Hill a romantic Secret Garden aesthetic.
The Extra Credit
- Monogrammed white burlap filled with home-roasted sugared pecans. Dear Haley: from one Southern girl to another, yes.
- Sugary magnolias on a quilted cake by Topsfield Bakeshop bring a little Mason Dixon majesty to this Boston affair.
- If I'm being 100% honest, I got a little choked up reading Haley's "Love You Forever" note to her mother. Best children's book ever, am I right?