Why This Wedding Won an Oscar
The Nominees for Best Performance
- Ummm. That first look! Although we're also fans of the classic first look at the ceremony, we love the incredible emotion that a little moment alone brings out in the couple.
- The whimsical, pastel paper fans that backdrop the ceremony.
- Minimalist, modern approach to the reception: outdoor dining, orange dahlias in simple vases, long, family-style tables. Love. Love. Love.
- If cakes grew in gardens, they would look just like this. (Wait. Why don't cakes grow in gardens?)
The Closing Credits
- Main Players: Elizabeth & Seth
- Wedding Date & Venue: September 19, 2015 at The Benchmark; ceremony took place at Old Stone House
- Theme/Inspiration: minimal, modern elegance; a palette of orange and white; vibrant dahlias; the city; brought together in a final look crafted by Dominique Bell Events.
- Behind the Camera: Rick Messina Photography
- Dress Deets: strapless A-line gown with silver beading and sweetheart neckline.
- Fleurs: dahlias, dusty miller, and mixed greenery used throughout the bouquets and reception; all designed by Taproot Flowers.