With over 25 years' experience, A Pimento is a full-service custom caterer dedicated to providing exceptional food, service, and design. We serve the general Virginia, Washington, DC and surrounding areas, but also travel beyond by request.
APimento's reputation has been staked in beautifully created, high quality, high integrity, tailor-made food. We are committed to using as much locally-and sustainably-sourced food products as possible, including our own produce when the season allows.
Call or email us to arrange an introductory conversation, and we'll get to work for you!
...food is love.
Best Local Wedding Caterer
This is the real menu for wedding that took place in early May for 100 guests. Set at the bride's family home, cocktails were served in the side garden and dinner in the front garden.
- Minted Iced Tea & Ginger Lemonade
- Rosemary-Cornmeal Shortbread Cookies
- Grilled Chermoula-Rubbed Baby Lamb Chops
- Almond-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Wild Mushroom "Pizza" with Taleggio Cheese & Sage
- Bountiful Display Table of Artisanal Cheeses with Fresh & Dried Fruits, Toasted Nuts, Sliced Petite Cured Sausages, Fig Preserves, Sliced Rustic Breads & Bread Sticks, Roasted Pepper-Almond Dip
- Polyface Farms Chicken, Split & Roasted with Tender Spring Baby Root Vegetables & Shallots, Bathed in White Wine, Carved & Served on a Bed of Fragrant Herbs
- Pan-Fried Highland Country Rainbow Trout, Dredged in Pecan Flour, Served with Fresh Raspberry Butter
- New & Fingerling Potatoes, Crisp-Roasted with Thyme & Garlic, Tossed with Preserved Lemon
- Beautiful Board of Grilled Asparagus & Other Seasonable Vegetables, Served with Frittata, Marinated Olives, & Lemon Aioli
- Salad of Mixed Local Baby Greens, Chives & Arugula with Crumbled Point Reyes Blue Cheese, Croutons, & Pear Vinaigrette
- French Rolls & Grilled Flat Bread with Local Butter & Olive Oil
Finger-Sized Desserts Buffet
- Orange Blossoms: Tiny Sponge Cakes Soaked in Orange Syrup
- Fruit Tartlettes
- Lemon-Ginger-Pepper Pound Cakes
- Chocolate Ganache-Iced Cocoa Baby Cakes Garnished with Candied Violet
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Dried Fruits
This is the menu for a real wedding that took place in mid-August for 75 guests at James Madison's Montpelier
- Blackberry-Champagne Bellinis
- Limoncello Cocktails
- Sparkling Lavender Lemonade
- Iced Lady Grey Tea
Passed Hors d'Oeuvre
- Cool Cucumber Canapé with Soft Chevre, Lemon, & Dill
- Gazpacho Cocktail with Honeydew Melon & Coriander Crème Fraîche
- Tender Buttermilk Biscuits Filled with Surry, Virginia Country-style Ham & Marmalade Butter
Summery Table of Seafood & Crudite
- "Pickled" North Carolina Shrimp with Fennel & Lemon, Steamed Stone Crab Claws, & Lobster Salad
- Crispy Baby Vegetables with Herbed Yogurt Dip & Potted Fresh Cheese with Chives
Pre-Set First Course
- Fresh Summer Melon & Macerated Grapes with Parma Prosciutto
- Pepper-Crusted Dry Aged Strip Loin of Beef with Grilled Vidalia & Young Onions
- Grilled Sea Bass with Preserved Lemon & Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
- Crisp Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Shallots & Lemon Thyme
- Sautéed Allegheny County Wild Mushrooms with Asparagus Tips & Moscat Vinaigrette
- Shoe Peg Corn Pudding
- Brioche, Corn Sticks, & Buttery Pan Rolls with Nasturtium-Scented Local Sweet Butter
- Summer Berry Parfait: Fresh Mission Home Blackberries, Raspberries, & Currants with Whipped Cream & Lemon Curd
This menu was created for our favorite local butcher and his bride, celebrating the season and local produce.
Cocktails Red, White and Rosé Wines, Hard Cider, Selection of Craft Beers
Passed Hors d’Oeuvre (select three or four) Flatbread of Wild Mushrooms, Heirloom Apples and Caromont Farm's Bloomsbury Cheese Peppered Biscuit filled with Edward's Surryano Ham, Almond Butter and Quince Jam Open-Faced Canapé - Spelt Bread, Anchovy Butter and Radish Cool Cucumber Canapé with Caromont Chevre, Lemon and Dill Fried Rappahannock Oysters with Pickled Red Onion, or Pimenton Remoulade Beet-Pickled Eggs on Toast
Stationary Appetizers Selection of Local Cheeses with Fresh and Dried Fruits Cured Sausages, Housemade Terrines Mustards, Cornichons, Olive Relish Flat Breads
Guests invited to Dinner Upstairs - gracious, easy service
Pre-Set at tables Baskets of Sally Lunn and Sourdough Breads, Our Herbed Crackers Salted Piedmont Butter, Housemade Pickles
Plated First Course Spring Salad - Tenderest Spring Lettuces, Mixed Spring Peas, Fresh Herbs, Twenty Paces Ricotta
Family Style Main Course - select from: Slow-Smoked Pork, Pulled and Grilled, over Creamed Hominy “Piyaz”
Free Union Grass Farm Chicken Bricked, with Herbs under the Skin, finished with Persillade and Crisp Pan Dripping Croutons
Our Poached-Fried Chicken with Herb Salt, Over Skordalia
Serious Fried Chicken with Pan Gravy with Carolina Gold Rice
Smokey-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb with Sumac and Grilled Spring Onions
Pan-Roasted Rag Mountain Trout with Lemon and Fennel, and Toasted Pepper Oil
Sides - select from Creamed Cabbage Our Roasted Spring Roots with Turmeric Butter Asparagus, Fiddlehead Ferns, Chopped Egg, Capers and Olive Oil Grilled Spiced Okra Grilled Cauliflower with Tomato Oil Roasted Cauliflower with Brown Butter and Salted Capers
Dessert Strawberry Shortcake - Sweet Biscuit with Lavender Sugar Whipped Cream, Free Union Berries Decorated with Wildflowers
"A Pimento worked with us to ensure we had the best food, the best linens, and the best rentals. They allowed us to have a lot of say in the food (which is something we really cared about and had a lot of opinions!) and really worked to customize the menu. "
"Everything about working with APimento was satisfying, from the first visit at the caterer's location to the meal. We chose to serve "family style" and everyone loved the gourmet yet comforting meal. It was a delicious and was a great hit with our foodie friends!"
"The food was top notch!! Buffet food can sometimes be so-so, but this food was out of this world. I didn't get to eat much, but everything I tasted was delicious. All of our guests commented on the fantastic food, and the wonderful cheese table. The fried chicken was a favorite too. APimento also packed us a to-go bag so we got a chance to taste even more of the food at the end of the night. This was such a treat! I'd book them again in an instant. And our signature cocktail was a big hit too."
" Christina and Tom, and their families were especially wonderful to work with. Their excitement about everything (including the food, of course!) was infectious. We're so lucky to have such wonderful clients. I wish we could do it all again... Cheer to Christina and Tom - I know this celebration was only part of a beginning to a happy life together. "
"Six months after our wedding and we still hear from our friends and family about how much they loved the food! A Pimento was 100% professional and 100% delicious. We really wanted to do stations (with seated tables) and A Pimento made it work brilliantly, with a plated salad and then 3 stations with a different protein, vegetable and side at each station. Our guests had flexibility to enjoy whatever they wanted. All dishes were still warm and the presentation was flawless. Not to mention the meet and cheese table during the cocktail hour and the amazing passed hor dourves (think French onion soup dumplings). The whole A Pimento team is delightful and the tasting was so fun!"
"Coming from a career in hospitality, the food and service was number one in importance. We selected Early Mountain Vineyards as our venue partially because it offered a full size catering kitchen and chose A Pimento Catering because they made everything onsite instead of partially cooking and then finishing or reheating at the venue. When choosing a caterer, we were looking for a company that locally sourced their produce and proteins. A Pimento Catering not only sources locally but was able to provide us with the names of the farms so as we could include them on our menus for our guests. A Pimento Catering does not typically offer tasting until the bride and groom have committed to a contract with them but was willing to make an exception for us since we were from out of town and not familiar with their excellent reputation. Their food is delicious, and on the day of the wedding we were given a specific server that attended to solely the bride and grooms needs. From photos during cocktail hour to dinner service, our server always made sure that we were able to enjoy all of the refreshments and cuisine that we selected. A Pimento Catering also went so far as to prepare a basket full of cuisine for us to enjoy at a later time. Loved A Pimento Catering!"