Keller & George Jewelers was established in 1875 when F.A. Balthis opened the doors to his new jewelry business on Main Street in Charlottesville. His cousin Thomas S. Keller, a master engraver serving in the Monticello Guard, joined the firm a year later. In 1885, the two dissolved their partnership and set up separate companies. Harry Alexander George, a trained watchmaker, became a partner in Keller’s company in 1893, and the firm was re-named Keller & George. Keller & George is the oldest retail business in the Charlottesville/Albemarle region. Today Keller & George is the home to many fine jewelry designers such as John Hardy, Hearts on Fire, Marco Bicego, Pandora, Mikimoto and Slane. We also represent several Swiss timepiece brands such as Longines, Tissot, Raymond Weil and more.