Why This Wedding Made the Honor Roll
The Straight A's
- Lots of love for the Steel City—from the ceremony at Heinz Chapel to the reception at Heinz Field, it doesn't get much more quintessentially Pittsburgh.
- This wedding has about as many sweet personal details as the Steelers have Super Bowl wins. (Hint for the non-sports fans: that's a lot!)
- The cookie table: a Pittsburgh tradition that we'll always love.
- The bride's bouquet, wrapped in lace from her grandmother's wedding dress. Sweet, sentimental, seriously pretty.
- That bride and groom giraffe cake topper. What an adorable nod to the couple's time in Kenya together.
- Speaking of which, much respect for the choice to make donations to some worthy Kenyan causes in lieu of traditional favors. #warmfuzziefeelings.
The Report Card
- Main Players: Stephanie & Patrick
- Wedding Date & Venue: June 13, 2015 at East Club Lounge at Heinz Field
- Theme/Inspiration: a celebration of all things Pittsburgh with elegant details in pink and white; nods to the couple's shared history in Kenya.
- Behind the Camera: Ann Louise Photography
- Dress Deets: delicate lace fit-and-flare with sweetheart neckline.
- Fleurs: white and pink silk roses for the bridal bouquet; pink-tipped white silk rose for groom's bout; pink and white silk hydrangeas for centerpieces; all crafted by All Occasion Silk Creations.