Why This Wedding Won an Oscar
The Nominees for Best Performance
- Can we all stop for a second to recognize how truly stunning Megan looks? Her flower crown + veil + backless lace dress = all kinds of pretty.
- Big, billowing bouquet perfection. I believe the pretty power of the peony is endless—I'm certain these bouquets prove my point quite nicely.
- BBF flowers girls have turned me all mushy.
- That guestbook/escort card station. The flowers hanging from the rafters. The wooden tables lined with verdant runners and floral-print china. Excuse me while I catch my breath. Such loveliness is hard take in all at once.
- Help a girl out. I can't possibly decide which treat looks most delicious. That vibrant ombré cake or that stack of banana pancakes.
The Supporting Actors
- That squad of pretty in pink 'maids. Undoubtedly.
The Closing Credits
- Main Players: Megan & Patrick
- Wedding Date & Venue: July 12, 2015 at Sorella Farms
- Theme/Inspiration: a warm and inviting celebration where guests could bond and create memories; a focus on florals; shades of pink and coral; whimsical, romantic details with a natural vibe; honoring each other and their faith; all DIY'd by the bride with the help of her mother and Love blooms by Doyle's.
- Behind the Camera: Megan Vaughan Photography
- Fleurs: flower crown worn by the bride made from greenery and red and pink roses; bouquet carried by the bride composed of peonies, roses, tulips, dahlias, and succulents; succulent bout for the groom; tables accented with greenery runners peppered with peonies and Queen Anne's lace; ceiling decorated with hanging carnations; designed by Love blooms by Doyle's.