Why This Wedding Won an Oscar
The Nominees for Best Performance
- Tōrō lanterns, sun-dappled trees, and an ornate wooden gate make Japanese Friendship Garden one of San Diego's most beautiful venues for an al fresco fête.
- How do you choose between a sheer scarlet ao dai or a stunning draped-neckline gown? You choose not to choose, of course.
- Yes and yes to those poppy-hued lanterns and festive favors that paid homage to Vi's Vietnamese roots.
- Snow-white stones, succulents, and cacti lend a lively touch to neutral linens.
- Those bouquets. I repeat: those. bouquets.
The Supporting Actors
- That colossal flower in the beaming bride's hair. Why can't I pull off this trend as well as Vi? SOS: send hair help ASAP.
- Molten hot chocolate cookies? Hell yes.