Why This Wedding Earned a Michelin Star
The Main Course
- Let's just take a minute to talk about color. The vibrant red and gold you see are colors of success in Chinese culture.
- Who needs bouquets when your gals can wear gorgeous orchid corsages? Answer: no one.
- A dragon dancer reception escort for the bride and groom? Totally badass.
- From the bride's gorgeous kimono to the killer dragon dancer, this couple embraced Chinese culture beautifully.
- No, but we have to talk about the bride's mantilla veil. Delicate. Beautiful. We want one.
- We can see the spark between this couple. Hello, fireworks!
- Orchids. Oh, how we love thee. Let us count the ways (We're going to be here for a while).
- Main Players: Susanna & JJ
- Wedding Date & Venue: August 8, 2015 at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
- Theme/Inspiration: Chinese culture with glamorous detail; vibrant colors and bountiful florals; by Winsor Event Studio.
- Behind the Camera: Life Long Studios
- Dress Deets: sweetheart ball gown with floral detailing at the neckline and an eyelet-inspired skirt.
- Fleurs: fuchsia, red, and purple orchids corsages and bouts; red and white rose, pastel pink and white orchid bouquet; fuchsia and red orchids wrapped around towering gold candlesticks; petal lined aisle; orchids floating below tea lights in clear vases; towering lavender and hot pink hydrangea, red rose, and red larkspur centerpieces; by Arlene Floral Designer.