Hi there! I’m Catherine, but friends call me Katie. I’m the lead photographer and owner of Catherine Ann Photography. My fiance Jay is my 2nd shooter and business partner! We live in charming Charleston, SC with our mini Australian Shepherds, Falkor & Zelda!
Jay and I take an 80/20 approach to your wedding day. 80% of the time, we’re unobtrusive, capturing things exactly as they happen. This allows real moments & emotions you share between your friends, family, and spouse to be genuinely captured. The other 20% of the time, you will be gently direct into the best light when its time to get ready, bride and groom portraits, and of course, coordinating the bridal party and family photos. Your wedding photos will evoke a sense of romance, authenticity, and joy with this 80/20 combination and you’ll have a collection of naturally beautiful images to treasure for a lifetime!
"Absolutely the best wedding photographer. Soft colors and wonderful moments captured. It was a pleasure to have Katie and John be part of our wedding day. Could not recommend highly enough. They also did our engagement session, which was a great way to get comfortable with then ahead of time."
"Catherine was so wonderful, and not to mention SO sweet! She made us feel so comfortable and the pictures turned out AMAZING! We are so happy we chose Catherine as our photographer, we will be sure to cherish these photos forever! "
"I cannot say enough great things about Catherine Ann Photography. To start, Katie and Jay were a dream to work with. When I first spoke to Katie on the phone, I felt such a great connection with her and knew that she had to be our wedding photographer. From the first minute we met at our engagement shoot, my husband and I felt so comfortable with Katie and Jay. They have such a great style of shooting- there were times when I didn’t even realize they were there and other times, Katie/Jay told us just what to do to make our photographs look great. I was particularly drawn to Catherine Ann Photography because of the look of their photographs. Katie is able to photograph people in such a way that the colors are vivid while somehow remaining soft and a bit whimsical. Jay is a spectacular landscape photographer, and we were looking for someone who could take great photographs of the beautiful outdoor venue where we got married. On our wedding day, it was great to have both Katie and Jay, because they were able to split up and photograph both my husband and me getting ready in separate areas. During our first look, they did such a fantastic job of remaining in the background so that we could share the moment privately while still having amazing photographs. Katie was great at using the time we had for photographs very efficiently. Jay took a spectacular landscape photograph with my husband and me just as the sun was setting. They are so skilled at capturing the smallest (but most meaningful) moments of the day- they even got a photograph of my husband quickly wiping a tear from my cheek during our vows. As you can see, I could go on and on about how much we loved working with Katie and Jay as our wedding photographers. They truly are two very talented photographers, and my husband and I feel so fortunate that they were the ones to capture our special day. We would HIGHLY recommend choosing Catherine Ann Photography as your wedding photographer!"
"Katie and Jay were an absolute dream to work with! Katie is so sweet and she was so easy to talk while planning the wedding and so helpful the day of. They even let me ride to our first look spot with them since we didn't have a bridal party! They made sure all of the shots we wanted were captured and her pictures are just breathtaking! We have gotten so many compliments on our pictures and I always hear that they look like something out of a magazine, and that's all thanks to Katie and Jay! I couldn't recommend them more to anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding photographer!! I am so thankful that we will have such beautiful images to look back on and remember our special day. "
"Catherine Ann Photography was fantastic to work with! Our engagement pictures turned out beautifully, and the wedding photos are even better! Katie and Jay were flexible, creative and made us feel comfortable while still getting the best shots possible. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a great photog team for their wedding!"