Andrew Minton Jewelers was founded in 1978. Andy Minton, a three-year starting defensive back for the University of Virginia, and a member of the 1970 football graduating class, saw the need for a jewelry store with a difference.
That difference is to offer the very best in gold, diamonds, and pearls, pendants, bracelets and other precious things, combined with a working philosophy whose goal is to deliver true excellence of service before, during, and after the sale, and to provide the very best price every day – no mark ups to mark down.
At Andrew Minton Jewelers customer satisfaction is guaranteed. Period.
Of course there is always a jeweler on premises and fabulous award winning custom jewelry is available.
Andrew Minton Jewelers is a proud supporter of UVA Athletics, and Charlottesville’s favorite jeweler since 1978.
Whether you order by phone, email, or stop by the store in Seminole Square, Charlottesville, at Andrew Minton Jewelers you will always find value. That means superb selection, excellent prices, personal service, and the people you can trust.
Best Local Wedding Jewelry Store
Best Local Wedding Jewelry Store
- Jewelry Repair: We offer a wide variety of repair services from the “every day” to the extraordinary. We specialize in platinum and gold repair and we do most restorations including bezel and prong work, stone setting and replacement, half shanking, and sizings and much more. Our Master Jeweler, Jeff Jones, has been directing the Andrew Minton Jewelers repair division for more than 20 years.
- Custom Work: In-House. Full Service. Award Winning. Designed to exacting custom specifications. Customer satisfaction guaranteed.
- Watch Repair: Expert watch repair on all major brands, including Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Rado, Vacheron, and Constantine, Corum, and Omega. Yes, we do replace batteries, and we offer individual watch straps and bracelets.
- Engraving: We offer inside ring engraving, as well as fine hand engraving, crest rings, and other engraveables.
- Restringing: We specialize in pearl and bead restringing.
- Appraisals: We provide estate and insurance appraisals biweekly and by appointment with a GIA graduate gemologist.
- Silver Restoration: We provide full service restoration of flatware, serving pieces, candelabra, and tea services. We can also provide monogram removal.
We take pride in being a full-service jeweler. Call us or email us, or, if you’re in the neighborhood, we invite you to come on by our store in Seminole Square …and thanks for your business.
Charlottesville’s trusted provider of engagement rings and wedding jewelry since 1978.
There is much information on the web and in wedding publications about finding quality engagement diamonds and wedding jewelry. Here is the best advice: Find a jeweler you can trust for the highest quality, the best value, and service before and after the sale.
Quality: Simply put, the quality of our diamonds and engagement settings is second to none. And, since we have a jeweler on the premises we can custom-make or assemble your perfect match in-house.
Value: We are a family owned and operated business that has relied on reputation and word-of-mouth endorsements to build our business over the years. We stand behind our work with a satisfaction warranty.
Service: When it is a piece of jewelry you plan to wear every day for the rest of your life make sure you get just what you want. We can help you create the ring you have imagined, and guide you through the selection and design process.
Visit with us and let’s explore the possibilities together.
"Even after the wedding he's been great about cleaning and adjusting both our rings as necessary. They were willing to overnight my engagement ring to have it here on time for our engagement (after a miscommunication regarding the date). Highly recommend!"
"We bought our wedding bands from Andrew Minton Jewelers, and I also had my engagement ring sized. They were accommodating, and the prices weren't bad. I will say that we had some trouble with sizing, and "the customer is always right" is not a motto of this place (which might be a good thing). I still have to wrap a string around my engagement ring to stop it from spinning - they highly discouraged me from sizing down again. They also overcharged me on the wedding bands, but they quickly gave me a refund when I showed them the error."
"Both of our rings are family pieces but we took them to Andy Minton to be cleaned and sized. They had the rings back to us in no time at all and everyone was a pleasure to work with, as always! "